Image of international flagsThe Annual CPMA Convention & Trade Show welcomes international exhibitors, delegates, and visitors from all over the world each year. Depending on your nationality, you may require a visa to enter Canada. Please consult the information below provided by the Government of Canada to determine entry requirements.

We recognize that your time in Canada is valuable, and therefore, we offer the following steps to facilitate your application process to attend our event.

Information on CPMA’s annual event is available in English and French, except when we share information from other organizations and/or suppliers’ websites that may not provide information in both official languages.

COVID-19 Entry Requirements

Please consult the Government of Canada website for information on entry into Canada, including vaccination and testing requirements. These requirements are subject to change at any time, so continue to check back for the most up-to-date requirements.

You can use the following tool to check the current requirements on whether you are currently eligible to enter Canada

Visit Canada on Business

Click here for an overview of what you need as a business visitor to Canada


Submission of Applications

Canada does not have a visa office in every country, so it is important that delegates visit the website of the Canadian visa office responsible for processing their visa application. 

Please refer to IRCC website to learn about a temporary resident visa (visitor visa) and the process to apply for one.

Please note that visa applications are considered on a case-by-case basis based on the information presented by the applicant. The onus is on the applicant to show that they meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa.

Processing times for visa applications vary depending on the visa office and the time of the year.  Participants are encouraged to check the processing times calculator for guidance, but generally we recommend applying approximately 12 weeks before their departure date to ensure they receive the visa in time for the event’s start.

Biometrics Expansion

Since the summer of 2018, when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit (except U.S. nationals), or permanent residence, you need to give your fingerprints and a photo. To facilitate repeat travel to Canada, applicants for a visitor visa, study or work permit will only need to give their biometrics once every 10 years.
For additional information on whether or not you require a biometric, please refer to our fast facts about Biometrics.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Since November 10, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals must have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents are not eligible to apply for an eTA.