To ensure a safe and efficient move-in process, the CPMA Trade Show follows a targeted freight move-in schedule which means all exhibitors who require the loading docks must have their truck arrive during their designated move-in slot to have their freight unloaded.
Option 1: Ship your exhibit materials to the Advance Warehouse
- We recommend you ship your show material to the GES warehouse in advance of the show. Goods may be shipped to arrive on or after Monday April 6, 2020 and NO LATER than Friday May 1, 2020. The benefits of advance shipping include: storage of material for up to 30 days prior to the show, delivery of shipment to your booth prior to exhibitor move-in and it saves you valuable time.
- For more information, download/complete the Advance Warehouse Shipping Order Form or contact Marissa McDonald at email@example.com.
Option 2: Move In for Exhibitors using the loading docks
- A colour-coded move-in floorplan for freight arrivals has been designed to create a controlled environment on the Trade Show floor. If you are using the loading docks, you must have your carrier or trucks arrive during your scheduled move-in time and communicate any difficulties well in advance. If you miss your scheduled move-in time, you must reschedule or be prepared to wait and may be subject to off target fees.
- Please note the MTCC is currently reviewing its Marshaling Yard Procedures and details will be confirmed for all Exhibitors by mid-February 2020.
- Your assigned move in time is the time your truck is permitted to check in with GES, not when it arrives on the floor, which can take some time depending on the volume being unloaded and availability of docks. Please be sure to schedule your labour accordingly. For a more accurate arrival time, you can choose to ship your freight to the Advance Warehouse which will mean that it will be in your booth BY your assigned move in time.
- Move-out begins Thursday, May 14th at 4:30pm after show close. Empty containers will be returned starting at 5:30pm after the aisle carpet removal.
More information on move-out procedures can be found here.
Option 3: New for 2020 – Move In for Exhibitors using the Hall E Service Elevators
Option 4: Move In for Exhibitors hand carrying items (without loading docks or elevators)
- Exhibitors who do not require the loading docks or elevators may move in at any time during the hours specified below.
- If you have ordered carpet or furnishings from GES, these will be set-up in your booth prior to your arrival according to your scheduled move-in time on the floor plan.
- Materials brought through the front of the exhibit hall must be a small quantity/ size that the exhibitor can carry in by hand – no dollies or carts allowed. All other items must go through the loading docks.
Exhibitor Move-In Hours are as follows:
Sunday, May 10, 2020: 12pm – 6:00 p.m. (freight as per targeted move-in schedule)
Monday, May 11, 2020: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (freight as per targeted move-in schedule)
Tuesday, May 12, 2020: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (freight as per targeted move-in schedule)
Wednesday, May 13, 2020: 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (noon)
** All exhibits must be show ready by Wednesday noon **
All exhibitors, service providers and personnel working on the show floor during move-in and move-out periods are required to wear approved personal protective equipment, at a minimum safety shoes or steel toes. Hard hats, harnesses, fall protection, gloves and safety eyewear must be worn when warranted by safety considerations.
Exhibitor appointed contractors
Exhibitors who are using a third party contractor, other than GES, Lowe’s, or any of our official service providers must complete the Exhibitor Appointed Contractor Form to register their contractors by April 8, 2020, and also provide proof of insurance from their contractor. Please note that if EACs are not registered in advance or do not provide proof of insurance, they will not be permitted into exhibit halls and GES labour must be used.
Electrical, Plumbing and Rigging are exclusive services and must be arranged through Showtech.
Height Limitations for Exhibit Space
Height restrictions vary depending on the type of booth and location, and are strictly enforced. Review these guidelines here.
All display materials should be confined to a maximum of 8 feet 3 inches for all standard in-line booths, 16 feet for perimeter booths and 20 feet for island booths. Please note that for all standard in-line and perimeter booths, all display fixtures and materials over 4 feet in height must be confined to that area of the exhibitor’s space which is within 5 feet of the backline.
Hanging signs and banners are permitted in island and perimeter booths. In-line booths cannot hang signs.