The CPMA Convention & Trade Show welcomes international exhibitors, delegates and visitors from all over the world each year. Depending on your nationality, you may require a visa to enter Canada. Please consult the information below, provided by the Government of Canada, to determine entry requirements.
We recognize that your time in Canada is valuable; therefore, we offer the guidance below to facilitate your application process to attend our event.
Please note that information on the CPMA Convention and Trade Show is available in English and French, except in certain cases where information is shared from other organisations’ and/or suppliers’ websites who may not provide information in both official languages.
Submission of Applications
Canada does not have a visa office in every country so it is important that delegates visit the website of the Canadian visa office responsible for processing their visa application. Information on how to submit a visa application and the documentation required is available on the website.
Processing times for visa applications vary depending on the visa office and the time of the year. Participants are encouraged to apply approximately 12 weeks in advance of their departure date to ensure they receive the visa in time.
Electronic Applications (e-Apps)
Submission at a Visa Application Centre (VAC)
(In person or by mail)
- This system allows clients to submit applications online.
- Delegates that choose to apply on-line will not have to submit their passport until requested to do so by a visa officer.
- The visa office will send the applicant instructions on how and where to send their passports to finalize the visa process.
- VACs are commercial service providers authorized by Canada to provide specific services to applicants.
- VACs provide a number of services to clients, including help applicants fill out forms, answer questions and ensure that applications are complete.
- Reduces unnecessary delays or refusals due to incomplete applications.
- VACs serve as a collection point for applicants required to provide a biometrics.
- VACs send applications to visa offices and transmit decisions to applicants in a secure and confidential manner.
- VACs do not process visa applications and have no decision-making authority.
Depending on your nationality, you may be required to give your biometrics as follows:
- As of July 31, 2018 the biometric requirement became mandatory for nationals of Europe, Middle East and Africa, and
- As of December 31, 2018 the biometric requirement becomes mandatory for nationals of Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
For additional information on whether or not you require a biometric, please refer to the Government of Canada's fast facts about Biometrics.
Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
Visa-exempt foreign nationals are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens, and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents are not eligible to apply for an eTA.
If you have any questions on the importation of goods related to this event, please review the customs section of the Exhibitor Manual.